Frequently Asked Questions
+ HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE?
Typically, most campers are ages 7-15.
+ WHERE IS THE CAMP? HOW DO I GET THERE?
The camp is located at the Rafael Hernandez School at 61 School Street in Roxbury. We call this our "base camp," where we start and end every day. Families are responsible for transporting children to and from camp. The camp is within easy walking distance of Stony Brook Station on the orange line and near several bus lines.
+ WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You will need to bring:
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or wet
- Sweatshirt, fleece or jacket
- Sneakers (No open toed shoes)
- Bathing suit
- Flip flops, sandals, water shoes, etc (to be worn only at the beach, pool, or during water activities)
- Rain jacket (We go out even when it’s drizzling or raining.)
+ HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Camp tuition is $1,150 per two-week session and includes:
- Lunch and two snacks everyday
- Ferry tickets and all admission fees
- Exploration transportation costs
- Boston Explorers t-shirt
Financial Aid is available for all families who qualify.
+ WHO WORKS THERE?
All of our staff is comprised of teachers, teacher assistants, after-school teachers and college students. Counselors are hired because they want to work with young people and are excited about exploring Boston with campers. Learn more about the staff at the Staff and Counselors pages.
+ WHERE DO CAMPERS COME FROM?
Campers come from all different neighborhoods in Boston and the surrounding area. Some even come from out of state! Campers represent many different cultures, backgrounds, races and religions.